Volunteers are asked to commit to:
- at least one four-hour shift either weekly or fortnightly, for a minimum of six months.
There are a number of different volunteer programs at the Hospitals. Not all have vacancies. These programs provide volunteers in the following types of work:
- patient contact
- customer service
We try to match our applicants with their preferred role. However, this is not always possible.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, phone number, and email address. You will be contacted with a waiting time estimate.
Following the waiting period, if you are over 18, we will:
- send you an application pack to complete to return on interview
- apply for a Criminal Record Check, in accordance with Ministry of Health Policy
- invite you to attend the next scheduled Orientation Day
- obtain Personal Reference Checks, in writing.
Once these steps are completed, we will contact you about your proposed placement and how you can begin your role at the Hospital.
Occasionally, RNSH and Ryde Hospital will advertise online with groups such as Govolunteer and SEEK.com for specific positions that require special skills.
The application process does take some time and we appreciate your patience through the process.