Go4Fun is a healthy lifestyle program to improve health, fitness and self-esteem in children above their ideal weight.
The program involves:
- weekly games and activities for children.
- fun, interactive discussions to teach you easy and effective ways to improve children’s nutrition, physical activity and self-esteem.
- practical demonstrations, games and tips about healthy foods, label reading and portion sizes.
www.go4fun.com.au body mass index (BMI) calculator to find out if your child is at a healthy weight range.
How it works
- There are 10 sessions, run once per week over one school term.
- Sessions run after school, which are facilitated by qualified dietitians, nutritionists, exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, fitness leaders, community nurses and health promotion staff.
- Each session includes theory for the parents and children together, physical activity for the children and a facilitated discussion for parents (while the children exercise).
The following elements are essential to Go4Fun:
- family involvement
- practical education in nutrition and diet
- increasing physical activity
- behaviour change.
Go4Fun is based on the MEND (Mind Exercise Nutrition Do it) program from the United Kingdom, which has been running for nine years.
Results have included:
- a reduction in waist circumference and BMI (Body Mass Index)
- an increase in fitness and self esteem
- an improvement in the number of hours spent
- physically active and in sedentary activity.
To book in for the next free Go4Fun program you can either:
1800 780 900
- register online at
- contact the Go4Fun Coordinator on 9462 9571.
Contact the Go4Fun Coordinator or visit: