Live Life Well @ School is a long-term program that aims to get more students, more active, more often, as well as focusing on healthy eating habits.
About Live Life Well @ School
Live Life Well @ School is a joint program of the NSW Department of Education and Communities (DEC) and NSW Ministry of Health. The program aims to:
- get more students more active, more often
- focus on healthy eating habits
Live Life Well @ School assists schools to:
- develop whole school strategies that support physical activity and healthy eating
- improve the teaching of nutrition and physical education through a focus on PDHPE programs
- foster community partnerships that promote and support whole of school strategies
- provide opportunities for more students to be more active, more often.
Northern Sydney Health Promotion supports the program at the local level by providing ongoing support to participating schools via site visits, phone calls and email follow-up. Our service:
- supports schools to develop a whole school approach to nutrition and physical activity
- assists in the development of community focused nutrition and physical activity strategies
- provides schools with information about upcoming community events that promote healthy eating and physical activity
- organises free
professional development workshops
- provides access to teaching resources.
Seventy five percent (75%) of primary schools covered by the Northern Sydney Local Health District are participating in the program.
To get started in Live Life Well @ School contact your local
Health Promotion Officer.
ALL government, Catholic and independent primary schools are invited to participate in Live Life Well @ School.