For more information contact:
Healthy Lifestyle, Northern Sydney Health Promotion
Locked Bag 2220, North Ryde NSW 1670
Phone: (02) 8877 5321 or
Fax: (02) 8877 5310
Falls Prevention Resources
Order Form/Flyer: Falls Prevention Resources
Choose The Right Shoes
Brochure: $7.00 (pkt 100)
Description: DL (3 panel) brochure with simple hints for choosing safe shoes to help prevent a fall, as well as tips on foot care and shoe shopping.
Prevent a Fall at Home
Magnet: $32.00 (pkt 100)
Description: 11 top tips for making the home environment safer for older people to help prevent falls. Measurements: 10 x 20cm and the font size is kind to older eyes.
Paediatric Preventing a Falls in Hospital
Brochure: $7.00 (pkt100)
Description: DL (3 panel) brochure with simple hints for parents and family to help prevent kids falling while in hospital.
Preventing a Fall in Hospital (Patients)
Brochure: $7.00 (pkt 100)
Description: DL (3 panel) brochure with simple hints for patients and carers to help prevent falling while in hospital.
Don't Fall For It (At Home)
Bookmark: $10.00 (pkt200)
Description: A handy bookmark with 7 key tips for enhancing the safety of an older person to prevent falls. Measurements: 5 x 18cm
DVD, CD & Reference Guide: $40.00
(CD is PC & Mac compatible)
Description: A physical activity and education resource for staff working with frail older adults in residential care who are at risk of falling.
- Falls risk factors
- Age related changes in mobility and balance
- Exercise considerations for frail older adults
- Safe and basic exercises to reduce falls risk
- Orientation for new staff on physical activity and falls prevention
- In-service on falls prevention
- Design of safe and basic exercise programs to reduce falls risk
- Refresher for staff involved in provision of physical activities and falls prevention programs
Order Form/Flyer: Basic Steps
Staying Active Staying Safe
Basic Exercises to Help prevent Falls
Description: These resources are for older people who find it hard to get involved in community based activities and could benefit from regular, simple and gentle physical activity. Exercises consist of chair assisted sitting and standing exercises designed to increase muscle strength, improve balance and decrease the risk of falling. The resources come with a booklet that helps guide people through the program and includes information on the risk factors of falls.
Audio (Tape & CD):
- The 50 minute audio program is recommended for people who require a slower exercise program.
- It can be split into two program levels of seated exercises and standing exercises if desired.
Video (VHS & DVD):
- This 25 minute program is recommended for people who require a faster exercise program but still need the support of a chair.
- It can be used as the next step after the audio routines.
- The DVD includes the full program, but also has options to choose just the sitting or standing exercise routines if needed.
Order Form/Flyer:Staying Active Staying Safe
Monkeys Check Theirs . .Do You?
|||Brochure: Free |
Description: The Monkey's Check Theirs (The Facts about Testicular Cancer) resources are no longer available for purchase. However, a pdf file of the brochure is available for download and printing as many copies as required (without alteration). The brochure gives a guide to performing a testicular self-examination.
By downloading the brochure you agree not to alter the file (or use graphic items) without written permission from the Health Promotion Service.