The Australian Department of Health Immunise Australia Program provides valuable information on all aspects of childhood immunisation. Their website includes information for the general public as well as for immunisation providers, including The Australian Immunisation Handbook, and the revised National Immunisation Program.
High school vaccination records
Vaccines offered in the school program since 2003 - no records are available prior to 2003.
Human Papillomavirus vaccine offered to:
- Female students in Years 10, 11 & 12 in 2007
- Female students in Years 7, 8, 9 & 10 in 2008
- All female students in Year 7 from 2009
- Male students in Year 9 in 2013 and 2014
- All male students in Year 7 from 2013
- All Year 7 students from 2013
Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis vaccine offered to:
- all high school students in 2004
- all Year 10 students from 2009 - 2012
- all Year 7 students in 2005 & from 2010
Meningococcal ACWY vaccine offered to:
- Year 11 & 12 students in 2017
- Year 10 & 11 students in 2018
- all Year 10 students from 2019
Hepatitis B vaccine offered to:
- all Year 7 students only 2004 - 2013
Chickenpox (Varicella) vaccine offered to:
- all Year 7 students only 2006 - 2017
Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccine offered to:
- Year 9 & 10 in some schools in 2014
- Year 11 & 12 students in 2015
Meningococcal C vaccine offered to:
- all High School students in 2003 & 2004
- all Primary School students in 2004
All records of immunisations provided at schools via the NSW Health School Immunisation Program are now uploaded to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) within a week of receipt of vaccination. Historical records of vaccinations given in the school program dating back to 2004 have also been uploaded to the AIR - there are no records kept prior to 2003. Please check the AIR in the first instance for your records.
To access your records on the AIR:
- Login to myGov or create a myGov login (https://my.gov.au/LoginServices/main/login?execution=e1s1)
- Link your Medicare account in the Services menu
- Proceed to your Medicare Online Account
- Click on the Immunisation History Statement banner and complete the declaration
- Download your Immunisation History Statement
If you are unable to locate your records you can your Public Health Unit on 1300 066 055.
Vaccination Catch-up Calculation Tools for Immunisation Providers
Vaccination catch up for children <10 years of age:
Standard Vaccination Catch-up Recommendations for Children <10 years of age
Catch-up Vaccination Plan
Examples of catch-up recommendations
Table 1: Standard Vaccination Catch-up Recommendations for Children <10 years of age in conjunction with
Table 2: GP/Practice Nurse catch-up vaccination plan to write out a plan for the required vaccines.
If you have any questions, please call the PHU on 1300 066 055. Alternatively you can fax your completed plan to the PHU on 9482 1650 for checking and direction.
Vaccination catch-up for children 10-19 years of age
Rabies and Australian Bat Lyssavirus information
Quick links – Immunisation in NSW
Other useful links
Councils Immunisation Clinics in Northern Sydney