Concession rates are available to a range of patients and their families who are eligible.
NSW Health recognises the burden that regular or long term hospitalisation and/or treatment places on patients and their carers. Those eligible for concessional car parking include:
- holders of an RMS issued Mobility Parking Scheme permit
- holders of a Pensioner Concession Card
- holders of a Gold Veterans Affairs Card
- holders of a Health Care Card
- ongoing cancer treatment patients
- patients and their carers who are required to attend the hospital/facility for a course of treatment over a period of time greater than one week
- patients and their carers attending more frequently than twice weekly, including carers of long term patients who visit frequently
- cardiac rehabilitation education and exercise class attendees
- daily dressing outpatients
- Health Promotion education class attendees.
- Patients and carers who are experiencing financial hardship, but do not meet the listed eligibility categories, are also entitled to concessional car parking. They must speak to a social worker for an assessment.
Concessional rates for car parking fees are set annually, effective from 1 July each year. They are subject to annual review to reflect increases in the consumer price index (CPI). The fees are published in an annual NSW Health Information Bulletin, which is available on the NSW Health website.
|0-3 hours||FREE |
|1 day ||$5.60||Single entry and exit for a 24 hour period |
|3 day||$11.30||Frequent use ticket allows for multiple entries and exits in a three day period to the hospital campus|
|7 day||$22.60||Frequent use ticket allows for multiple entries and exits in a seven day period to the hospital campus|
Eligible patients, their carers, and holders of concession cards are required to present their parking ticket, photo identification and concession card or application for concessional rates form at one of the following hospital validation points prior to exiting the car park:
- Building 1, Metro Parking office located near switch, Monday to Friday, 6am to 8pm (1, 3 and 7 concession day)
- Building 57, Outpatients reception, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm (1 day concession only)
- Building 17, Bernard Curran, ground floor reception, 8am to 4:30pm (1 day concession only)
Building 14, GP Training Unit (Derby Rd), 8am to 5pm; Saturdays, 8.30am to 11.30am (1 day concession only)
Building 50, Antenatal/ Gynaecology Clinic, Level 2, Maternity Services, HOPE 8am to 4:30pm Mon-Fri (1 day concession only)
AFTER HOURS ONLY
Building 50, Emergency Department reception (1, 3 and 7 concession day)
Building 17, Mary Giles ward, Level 3, Palmerston Building – 4:30pm to 8am (1 day concession only)
Patients and carers can fill out the form below and take to a staff member to be authorised.
HKH Concessional Parking Form v1 7.pdf