The patient’s suitability for admission is assessed against a clear selection criterion, which includes:
- Patients/ carer consents to referral
- Patient is medically stable
- Medical responsibility has been established
- Patient lives within the Northern Sydney catchment area
- Care is able to undertaken in a safe environment
- Patient has access to a telephone.
Referral to the APAC service is via the Health Contact Centre on 1300 732 503.
Referrals are taken from General Practitioners, Specialists, ED, Wards, and Private Hospitals. With agreement with GPs, referrals are also taken from patients and residential aged care facilities.
All urgent referrals can be made via the Health Contact Centre on 1300 732 503.
The APAC service provides patients with a safe option of care to hospitalisation.
The APAC service is aligned with the Ministry of Health Goal 11: Keeping people healthy and out of hospital.