Mohs micrographic surgery - for skin non-melanoma skin cancers on the head and neck.
Vulval clinics – for general dermatology concerns as well as laser therapy for vulvo-vaginal disease.
Male genital Dermatology clinics - tertiary referral clinic for sexual health physicians and Dermatologists.
Post-transplant clinics – for patients who are immunosuppressed as a result of undergoing an organ transplant.
Paediatric Dermatology – to treat patients up to the age of 18 with skin complaints including eczema, psoriasis, birthmarks, acne and skin infections
General Dermatology – inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis from different causes, skin infections, wound management including acute and chronic wounds associated with diseases that involve the skin, such as; Pyoderma gangrenosum, chronic venous disease and pressure ulcers.
Phototherapy – UVA/UVB light therapy for a wide range of skin disorders, including oral PUVA.
Biologics –systemic treatments for patients with disabling inflammatory skin concerns not responsive to conventional therapies.
Skin surgery clinics – surgical management of cutaneous tumours.
Neurofibromatosis skin clinics – run with the genetic department to treat the skin problems found with Neurofibromatosis patients.
Outpatient Clinic referrals are triaged by our nursing & medical staff. Please send as much information as possible to assist us with managing your referral.
Referrals must include :
- Level of urgency
- Name, age, date of birth
- Contact telephone numbers
- Medicare number
- Specific clinical problems requiring consultation
- Preferred Language. Please indicate if interpreter is needed
- Copy of results of relevant investigations (such as biopsies) performed within the previous 12 months
- List of current medications
Referral Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For urgent referrals, please phone the Royal North Shore Hospital switchboard on 02 9926 7111 and ask for the Dermatology Registrar on call or ask the patient to present to our Emergency Department.
Head of Department:
- A/Professor Gayle Fischer (Staff specialist – Vulval & Paediatrics)
- A/Professor Stephen Shumack (Staff specialist - General)
- A/Professor Saxon Smith (Staff specialist – Hidradenitis Suppurativa, skin cancer surgery & renal transplant )
- Dr Adrian Lim (Staff specialist - General)
- Dr Esther Hong (Staff Specialist – General)
- Dr William Ryman (Staff specialist – Mohs Micrographic Surgery)
- Dr Pam Brown (Visiting medical officer - General)
- Dr Rebecca Saunderson (Visiting medical officer – General & Neurofibromatosis)
- 3 Dermatology Registrars
- Dermatology Research Fellow
- Erin Mewton (Dermatology Clinical Nurse Consultant)
- Simmy Sidu (Clinical Nurse Specialist / Phototherapy)
- Jayne Pirola (Phototherapy Nurse)
- Yun Xie (Phototherapy Nurse)
Resources & Patient information:
Australasian College of Dermatologists: https://www.dermcoll.edu.au
DermNet NZ: https://www.dermnetnz.org
British Association of Dermatology: http://www.bad.org.uk/
American Academy of Dermatology: https://www.aad.org/
Melanoma Institute Australia: https://www.melanoma.org.au/
My Psoriasis: http://mypsoriasis.com.au/
The Australian and New Zealand Vulvovaginal Society: http://anzvs.org/patient-information/
Hidradenitis suppurativa: https://www.hs-online.com.au/