Older people, Carers and Younger People with disabilities from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds living in the boundaries of the Northern Sydney Local Health District.
Self-referrals are accepted, as are referrals from health professionals such as a GP. Both verbal and written referrals as accepted.
Assessments are conducted by a social worker in community health centres in the Northern Sydney Local Health District. Home visits are also available for clients with complex needs or mobility problems. Professional health care interpreting services are provided for clients and carers with poor English language proficiency. Translated service brochures are available.
Community members can telephone the Multicultural Community Advisory Service using a free telephone interpreter:
- Call the Translation and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50.
- Tell the operator, in English, the language you speak.
- The operator will connect you to an interpreter who speaks your language (you may have to wait a while). When connected to the interpreter you can speak in your language.
- Tell the interpreter you wish to contact the Multicultural Community Advisory Service and the telephone number: (02) 8968 3410.
- TIS will contact the Multicultural Community Advisory Service while you wait on the phone.
- When you have been connected to the Multicultural Community Advisory Service, the interpreter will interpret for you and explain your enquiry.