About the Neurophysiology Clinic
The neurophysiology clinic at RNSH provides a comprehensive neuro-diagnostic service for inpatients, outpatients and privately referred patients. The neurophysiology clinic is also responsible for the neurophysiological studies required by other hospitals within the Northern Sydney Local Health District, including Ryde, Manly, Mona Vale, Hornsby, Royal Rehab, Macquarie and Greenwich Hospitals.
Studies performed include:
- Nerve conduction and EMG
- Specialised nerve conduction procedures – proximal stimulation, single fibre EMG
- Visual evoked potentials
- Somato-sensory evoked potentials
- Brainstem evoked potentials
- Motor evoked potentials
- Thermal threshold studies
- Botulinum toxin clinics for neurological conditions
For bookings of all neurophysiology studies, please call the neurophysiology secretary on 02 9463 1833. Referrals can be faxed to 02 9463 1017.