- Age > 50 years or post-menopausal
- History of at least one minimal trauma fracture
- Living in the Royal North Shore and Ryde Hospital catchment
The service accepts referrals from Orthopaedic Specialists, GPs, Health and Community service providers and from consumers. Referrals can be made completing and faxing the ORP Referral Form (see links below).
- GP Referral Form:
- Specialist Referral Form:
- Osteoporosis Refracture Prevention Referral Form:
Faxed completed forms to: 9463 2092 or mail to the clinic address above.
Please contact the Fracture Liaison Coordinator if more information is required.
Priority for clinic appointments will be given to patients at high risk of refracture, including patients who have had
- more than one minimal trauma fracture
- one or more large fracture (hip, humerus, vertebra)
- A strong family history of osteoporosis
Please call Fracture Liaison Coordinator directly on (02) 9463 1848.
BMD available on site.
Osteoporosis Australia: http://www.osteoporosis.org.au/
Arthritis and Osteoporosis New South Wales: http://arthritisnsw.org.au/