In order to be eligible for our service, patients must have one or more of the following medical conditions which place the lower limb at high risk:
- Foot ulceration / cellulitis / warm oedematous foot
- Partial or total foot amputation due to vascular / neurological complications
- Significant peripheral vascular disease (PVD or PAD)
- Rheumatoid arthritis with significant foot deformity
- Peripheral neuropathy / neuropathic symptoms
- Renal failure – chronic / dialysis
- Spina Bifida
- Transplant recipients
Patients must also live within Northern Beaches Local Government boundaries. Whilst all patients who meet our eligibility criteria will be able to access our services, appointment duration and frequency will be determined by level of risk and clinical need, determined after assessment by our podiatrists.
To be eligible for our services, patients require a referral letter from their GP, clearly stating how they meet the above eligibility criteria.
Patients aged under 65 and urgent cases as listed below, can access the service directly by phoning 9998 6125
Patients aged 65 or older will be required to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to request access to services.
Patients with current foot ulceration, infection or acute Charcot's Neuroarthropathy will be prioritised for urgent attention – please phone 9998 6125