3-7 Derby Road
Northern Sydney Local Health District information can be found at www.nslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/CYFH
Who We Are
The Family care Centre formerly known as 'Koala Cottage", has been supporting families residing in the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai area for over 25 years. The Family Care Centre is an extension of your local Child and Family Health Centre.
Our team consists of Clinical Nurse Specialists in Child and Family Health and 2 Clinical Psychologists
What We Do
We provide education and support on the unique challenges of parenting to parents and care givers with children from birth to 2 years of age. All our services are evidence based and delivered by a caring and highly trained professional team.
The Family Care centre supports parents with:
- Sleep and settling challenges
- Establishing routines
- Breastfeeding / feeding support
- Emotional Health and Pre and Post natal anxiety & depression
- Adjusting to Parenting
- Understanding Infant and Toddler behaviour
- Nursing Telephone Counselling
- In Centre Extended Appointments of 1 to 3 hours duration
- Home visiting consultation
The Family Care centre services are covered by Medicare. For those families without Medicare a fee will apply.
A referral is required and can be made by your
- Child & Family Health Nurse
- GP & Practice Nurses
- Public /Private Hospitals
- Practice Nurse
- Other health care professionals.