The Child and Family Health Centres remain open. Some of our services will be delivered differently, but please be reassured that we are here to support you and your family, either by home visiting, clinic appointments or telephone consultations.
Child and Family Health Nurses are specialised in baby and child development and behaviour.
Blue book developmental health checks are recommended for your child at the following key stages to check their brain and physical development
Before each developmental check please complete the section called Learn the Signs Act Early
1 to 4 weeksDevelopmental Health Checks assess the following:
6 to 8 weeks
5 to 9 months
- Physical (height, weight) check
- Your child's physical growth and brain development
- Your child's emotional and social development
- Your child's speech and language development
- Support for yourself and family