The high risk foot service provides treatment and management of high risk lower limb pathology.
Our goal is to reduce hospitalisation and foot amputation for people experiencing diabetic foot disease. The service involves podiatry, microbiology, orthotics, physiotherapy, endocrinology, vascular and orthopaedic surgery.
To be eligible for our service, patients must have one or more of the following medical conditions which place the lower limb at high risk:
- Foot ulceration / cellulitis / warm oedematous foot
- Partial or total foot amputation due to vascular / neurological complications
- Significant peripheral vascular disease (PVD or PAD)
- Rheumatoid arthritis with significant foot deformity
- Peripheral neuropathy / neuropathic symptoms
- Renal failure - chronic / dialysis
- Spina Bifida
- Transplant recipients