In August 2014, Far West Local Health District (FWLHD) is offering its first placement for a Psychiatry Trainee.
10 reasons to come to the Far West
- You will be valued and can really make a difference to consumers, carers and the community
- Your support and training requirements will be easily met – as the sole trainee you'll get 1:1 support and expert supervision from the Clinical Director Psychiatry
- Advanced Trainees can practice with a large degree of autonomy while benefitting from easy reference to the Clinical Director Psychiatry
- You'll be part of a great multidisciplinary team with a strong consumer and carer focus in an integrated Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol (MHDA) service
- Broken Hill Health Service is a well-appointed, modern health service with good internet and video-conferencing
- In a smaller, more personal service, you will have more time to care for people with the same broad range of illnesses that you would see in the city
- You'll work in community and inpatient settings so you can gain a complete picture of the consumer's journey through the stages of recovery
- You can fly to remote towns like Tibooburra while supporting the MHDA Team of the Royal Flying Doctor Service
- There will be no commute because you'll be living in a private house on the Broken Hill Health Service campus
- You'll receive at least three return flights to Sydney in your 6/12 placement so you can keep in touch with friends, families and peers.
MHDA Services in the Far West
The MHDA service consists of a six bed Mental Health Inpatient Unit, a ten bed Mental Health Recovery Centre, two integrated Community Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol Team, a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service and a Magistrates' Early Referral into Treatment (MERIT) Program.
What's it like in the Far West?
You won't be bored or lonely in the Far West. It's a very friendly place. Newcomers are welcomed into the vibrant arts community as well as the myriad of clubs, groups and sporting facilities that cater to many different tastes.
Check out the Far West Career and Lifestyle website for more information about living and working in the Broken Hill region.
I'm interested and want to know more
Great! Please get in touch with Ms Dallas Seager at the Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol Team on 08 8080 1539 or via email to email@example.com
- Acute Inpatient Adult Services
- Mental Health Recovery Centre
- Child and Adolescent Services:
- Psychogeriatric Services:
- Community Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol Team
- MERIT (Magistrates' Early Referral into Treatment Program.