The FMS of the Week Planner can be used to help monitor the different fundamental movement skills practiced in services and to note observations and planned experiences.
How to use the FMS of the Week Planner:
- Print the Planner on A3, laminate and fix it to a wall.
- Use a whiteboard marker to fill in the focus FMS for that week (or fortnight).
- Note planned experiences that will support the focus skill that week (or fortnight).
- Make observations to inform future program planning / documentation.
- Place a tick next to the FMS when taught, leave tick to show which skills have been practiced so far.
- Periodically check to see that all skills are being taught.
Fundamental Movement Skill of the Week Whiteboard Planner