This accessibility information relates to content on Northern Sydney Local Health District's (NSLHD) website.
Your feedback about the accessibility of this website is welcome.
Contact us with any questions, comments or feedback.
If you would like to receive any of the information on this website in an alternative format, contact NSLHD Communications on 9463 1722.
- Using Windows - use Ctrl + (increased pressing of + will incrementally increase size of text).
- Using a Mac - use Command + (increased pressing of + will incrementally increase size of text).
Accessible web design
The tools and code base developed for this service seek to meet and progressively exceed minimum suggested guidelines.
The NSLHD has a high commitment to web accessibility - via standard software, assistive technologies, or via mobile and other relevant internet enabled devices.
We are working towards ensuring content is available to the widest possible audience, including readers using assistive technology or accessibility features. We acknowledge the diversity of communication methods, available technologies and abilities of web-users in the community.
Accessibility features of our website
- Text-reader friendly content using formatted headings and alt tags for images and hyperlinks, where possible
- Strong contrast colours of all text for users who may have vision impairment
- Navigable menu headings, incorporating keyboard accessibility, for users who may have a physical or vision impairment
- Attachments are published in accessible formats of HTML and RTF, where possible
- Simple and easy to read content where possible, to assist people with cognitive and learning difficulties
- Appropriate font sizes and font size increase/decrease feature to assist reading
- "Skip to content" feature to jump directly to body of the page for disabled users who use alternate technologies to browse the site
- This website is run using content management system SharePoint 2019, which supports accessibility compliance. Our web pages have also been built with accessibility compliant templates and accessible site design to help make the website accessible friendly.