An impressive group of researchers has been congratulated through this year’s Kolling Institute awards program.
Launched in 2021, the program has been expanded to acknowledge a greater number of researchers and their individual contribution.
The awards aim to recognise the many outstanding achievements across education, clinical practice and service, publications, research, as well as overall accomplishment.
This year, seven researchers were presented with awards across the following five categories:
- Dr Danielle Stone - Clinical Speech Pathologist, RNSH, and PhD candidate, Neuromuscular Imaging Research Lab
- Dr Michal Lubomski - Neurologist, RNSH and PhD Candidate, Neurogenetics Research
- A/Professor Sarah Glastras - Endocrinologist, RNSH and Postdoctoral Researcher, Renal Research Laboratory
- Dr Sumit Sahni - Senior Research Fellow, Bill Walsh Cancer Research Lab
Best clinical output
- Dr Jillian Eyles - Physiotherapist, RNSH and SHPs Research Translation Fellow, Osteoarthritis Research
Best EMCR basic science paper
- Dr Chia-chi Liu - Senior Research Fellow, Cardiac Membrane Biology Laboratory
Best basic science paper overall
- Dr Yandong Shen - Postdoctoral Researcher, Northern Blood Research Centre
Kolling Institute Academic Director Professor Jim Elliott congratulated the researchers for their invaluable contribution over the past 12 months.
“It’s encouraging that we have so many dynamic researchers working across the Kolling and the district, and this impressive group has had an intrinsic role in our progress, impact and research success,” he said.
“Each of these award winners is driving substantial improvements in their individual areas of expertise, and I’m pleased that through the Kolling awards program we’re able to direct the spotlight to their significant achievements.”