We provide a community/outpatient based service for older people.
Promotion of mobility, functional ability with exercise classes in warm water.
- Aquatic physiotherapy assessment
- Aquatic physiotherapy group classes
Promote health by preventing and treating diseases and disabilities in older adults.
- Geriatrician consultations
- Rehabilitation specialist consultations
- Dementia screening
- Falls management service
- Urgent home visits
- Frailty Assessments
- Family and case conference
- Pre-aquatic physiotherapy assessments
Nutrition and Dietetics
Optimising food for health and wellbeing.
- Community based assessment and management of nutrition related problems including weight loss, under nutrition, poor appetite, reduced food and fluid intake.
- Training and education for service providers.
Adapting the environment, modifying the task and education to enhance performance of daily activities.
- Community: visits to assist in maximising independence in daily living activities, home modifications and equipment prescription.
- Outpatients: rehabilitation including upper limb retraining, education in joint protection, energy conservation and splinting.
A specialised service in the treatment of patients with Parkinson’s disease.
- Medically led
- Case conference structure
- Multidisciplinary model of care
- Tailored to individual needs
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatments® (LSVT LOUD®)
- LSVT BIG® Treatments
- Parkinson’s group treatment
Promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement.
- Mobility assessments
- Walking aid recommendations and education
- Falls prevention strategies
- Exercise prescription
- Balance and falls prevention groups
- Fit and strong – targeting frail/pre-frail
- Outpatients and community visits
- Provision of care for older people who have ulcerations or may be at risk of developing debilitating foot problems
- Falls prevention assessment
Enhancement of social function and overall wellbeing.
- Coping strategies
- Advocacy and service access
Evaluation and treatment of communication and swallowing disorders.
- Outpatients & community visits
- Assessment and management of swallowing disorders
- Assessment and management of communication disorders, including: language, speech, voice, fluency and alternative communication