We routinely measure height and weight in all children as part of a child’s health assessment.
We provide treatment for the patients requiring nutrition support and nutrition education for their carers/parents including those with faltering growth/failure to thrive, fussy/problem feeders resulting in excluding whole food groups, nutrition inadequacies (iron deficiency).
We care for patients with:
- Tube feeding transitioning to oral intake (cerebral palsy, lung, heart conditions)
- Inadequate intake, faltering growth; dysphagia
- Under five years (even without faltering growth) if paediatrician has a concern
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), problem feeders, for example, excluding whole food groups
- Children aged between three and five years and there has been a weight reduction