What we do :
• We treat and care for people who have had a stroke.
• We talk to other disciplines such as physiotherapist, occupational therapist and patients to make sure we plan early to address any challenges with the care.
• We get involved in recognising and organising rehabilitation program.
• We organise carer’s support for the family and carers.
• We work alongside the patients to help alleviate any concerns and provide optimal support.
• We identify the needs that may arise at the time of discharge and work alongside others such as social worker, speech pathologist etc. to help resolve any issues.
• We provide information about the risk factors and support services after discharge.
The service is available for-
• This service is offered to current in-patients with stroke.
• All patients present to emergency department (ED) with stroke or transient ischaemic attach (TIA) symptoms.
• All patients admitted to ward eight with stroke or TIA.
• All patients transferred to Royal North Shore Hospital (RNSH) from Ryde emergency department that are identified as having stroke and require urgent stroke management.
• All inpatient (people who have had stroke while admitted in the hospital) at Ryde Hospital.
• All patients admitted to ward eight from RNSH after the initial stroke treatment.