There are a number of ways to get a RAS assessment to facilitate access to home care support including:
- Contact the My Aged Care call centre on 1800 200 422 to register yourself and answer some initial questions.
- Visit your GP and they can register you with My Aged Care using a web referral.
- Refer yourself online via the My Aged Care website where you will answer a series of questions - https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/self-service.
- Please note: If you have previously registered with My Aged Care, you cannot use the online form and will need to call My Aged Care.
- If you are a GP you must continue to use the Make a referral form, GP e-referral, phone or fax.
- If you are seeking additional support you can phone My Aged Care to request a review of your care support, also known as a support plan review.
To be eligible for the Regional Assessment Service you must be identified as having entry level care support needs. Residents of a group home or residential aged care facility are not eligible for assessment and referral for services.
All clients are assessed and referred within two weeks of their referral being received from My Aged Care.