Our radiation oncology nursing team are here to help you throughout your radiation therapy treatment.
On the day you come in for your planning scan, and on your first treatment day you will have the opportunity to have a chat to our nurses. You can also see the nurses at any time during your treatment journey.
Radiation Oncology nurses have a good understanding of general health, cancer and radiation therapy related side-effects.
They can help with:
- Side-effect information and managements
- Cancer symptom management
- Appropriate medication management
- Support with falls risks, infections and implanted devices
- Pain assessment and management
- Skin care and dressings
- Post-treatment care
Our radiation oncology nursing team works closely with the radiation oncologists to provide medical support throughout your treatment course.