We provide nutrition and diet advice for people who have a medical condition that requires our nutrition assessment and nutrition advice.
We provide this service in the outpatient clinic at the hospital and in the home for select people.
We care for and treat people with:
- Enteral tube feeds
- Gestational diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Chronic kidney disease
- High cholesterol &/or triglycerides
- Malnutrition or greater than five per cent of unintentional weight loss
- Neurological conditions with associated reduced oral intake and/or weight loss
- New diagnosis of coeliac or Crohn's disease
- Obesity with other relevant medical conditions (e.g. high blood pressure, high cholesterol, kidney disease, diabetes)
- Poor healing wounds
- Other medical problems requiring dietary advice