Multi-storey car park
The multi-storey car park provides an extra 500 car spaces, bringing the total car spaces available to almost 780.
The $19.8 million car park was opened in late 2018 and provides a secure location for staff and visitors to park their vehicle close to the hospital and health services on campus.
Parking fees apply and are in accordance with the NSW Health's Hospital Car Parking Fees Policy: Campuses which are subject to car parking development.
Public parking is currently free due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Normal parking fees are:
- First 15 minutes - FREE
- 15mins to 1 hr - $6.80
- 1 hr to 2 hrs - $10.10
- 2 hrs to 3 hrs - $13.50
- 3 hrs to 4 hrs - $15.80
- 4 hrs to 5 hrs - $18.10
- 5+ hrs - $20.20
* Fees will be subject to a CPI adjustment (approx 2.5%) on 1 July per year.
Pay parking machines will be located at the following locations:
- Lumby building near the chapel
- Multi-storey car park, levels 1 and 1A
- Card/ Paywave payments accepted upon exit at any of the boom gates
Concession parking eligibility
NSW Health recognises the burden that regular or long term hospitalisation and/or treatment places on patients and their carers.
Those eligible for concessional car parking include:
- holders of an RMS issued Mobility Parking Scheme permit
- holders of a Pensioner Concession Card
- holders of a Gold Veterans Affairs Card
- holders of a Health Care Card
- ongoing cancer treatment patients
- patients and their carers who need to attend the hospital/ facility for a course of treatment over a period of time greater than one week
- patients and their carers attending more often than twice weekly
- including carers of long term patients who visit often
- cardiac rehabilitation education and exercise class attendees
- daily dressing outpatients
- Health Promotion education class attendees.
Please speak to a social worker if you need financial help but do not meet the above categories.
Concessional rates for car parking fees are set, effective from 1 July each year. They are subject to annual review to reflect increases in the consumer price index (CPI). The NSW Health Information Bulletin is available on the NSW Health website.
- 0 to 3 hours - FREE
- 1 day - $5.60 (Single entry and exit for a 24 hour period)
- 3 day - $11.30 (Frequent use ticket allows for multiple entries and exits in a three day period to the hospital campus)
- 7 day - $22.60 (Frequent use ticket allows for multiple entries and exits in a seven day period to the hospital campus)
How do I claim my concession rate?
Eligible patients, their carers, and holders of concession cards are required to present their parking ticket, photo identification and concession card or application for concessional rates form at one of the following hospital validation points prior to exiting the car park:
- Building 1, Metro Parking office located near switch, Monday to Friday, 6am to 8pm (1, 3 and 7 concession day)
- Building 57, Outpatients reception, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm (1 day concession only)
- Building 17, Bernard Curran, ground floor reception, 8am to 4:30pm (1 day concession only)
- Building 14, GP Training Unit (Derby Rd), 8am to 5pm; Saturdays, 8.30am to 11.30am (1 day concession only)
- Building 50, Emergency, Level 1, HOPE 8am to 4:30pm Mon-Fri (1 day concession only)
After hours only
- Building 50, Emergency Department reception (1, 3 and 7 concession day)
- Building 17, Mary Giles ward, Level 3, Palmerston Building – 4:30pm to 8am (1 day concession only)
Patients and carers can fill out this form and take to a staff member to be authorised.