We provide assessment, diaognosis, intervention and treatment for patients with communication, swallowing and voice disorders.
We care for and treat people with:
- Speech (articulation, stuttering, acquired or developmental neurological disorders, for example apraxia)
- Language (acquired or developmental difficulties with word knowledge, syntax, semantics, language processing, listening and the social aspects of communication). This also includes the comprehension and expression of spoken, written, non-verbal (signs symbols and gestures) modalities
- Cognitive communication (attention, memory, problem solving, executive functions)
- Oral, pharyngeal, laryngeal and upper oesophageal swallowing function (infant feeding, acquired dysphagia)
- Voice (abnormal quality or poor volume such as rough, breathy and strained)
- Tracheostomy management, including facilitation of verbal speech with tracheostomy, swallowing with tracheostomy and decannulation pathways
- Augmentative and alternative communication ( picture or alphabet boards, voice output technology)
- Head and neck management, including surgical laryngectomy voice restoration and swallowing.