Symptoms vary for individual patients and they may have more than one when they are experiencing a delirium.
People with a delirium may:
- be different from their usual selves
- be easily distracted and unable to pay attention
- appear confused and forgetful
- be unsure of the time of day or where they are
- be very agitated, or quiet, withdrawn and sleepy or they may have a combination of all
- stay awake at night and be drowsy during the day
- see things that are not there, but seem very real to them
- feel fearful, upset, irritable, angry or sad
Please notify staff if you notice any of these symptoms in your friend or relative.
Audrey Curtis's Experience with Delirium
Frequently asked questions