To protect you and your valuables we ask you not to bring the following:
- Valuables (any jewellery or large amounts of money over $20)
- Large bags/suitcases or excessive clothing
- Remove as much jewellery as possible – this includes body piercings
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- No candles or oil burners
The hospital staff cannot accept responsibility for your belongings if they are lost or stolen. Please leave them at home. If you must bring them with you make sure a family member looks after them at all times. You will at times be away from your ward bed having tests or surgery.
Reach out to us
If you are worried that you or the person you care for is getting worse while they are in hospital, REACH out to us:
- Talk to the nurse looking after you or your loved one.
- Ask to speak to the nurse in charge and request a clinical review.
- If there is no response within 30 minutes, or you are still concerned, call the emergency number using the ward phone and say “This is a REACH Call”, then state the patient name and the ward you are on.