The Allied Health Multidisciplinary Team provides assessment and management of older people to optimise their health and wellbeing.
Health problems may include memory decline and dementia, frailty and falls, neurological conditions such as Parkinson Disease and Stroke.
- Nutrition related problems such as weight loss, poor appetite, and malnutrition
- Chronic disease specific diets
- Promotes safety and independence in daily activities for older people with physical and or cognitive decline
- Assessment and support regarding home modifications and equipment
- Pressure care and education
- Promotion of maximising mobility and physical function
- Mobility assessments
- Home exercise program
- Falls prevention
- Aims to enhance social and personal wellbeing
- Support and information to older people and their carers to resolve problems
- Evaluation and treatment of communication and swallowing disorders
- Specialised Allied Health program in the treatment, management and education of people with Parkinsons disease.
Strength and Balance Group
- Short term physiotherapy exercise class to improve strength and balance