On this page:
What is the GHMP finance stream?
The GHMP Finance Stream is a unique opportunity for individuals who have completed a finance, business, accounting or economics related undergraduate or post-graduate degree within the past five years.
NSLHD recognises that we need future senior leaders to help manage an annual budget of over two billion dollars, ensuring we are delivering cost effective and high-quality healthcare across our five hospitals, community and mental health services.
What you will be doing?
During the first year of the GHMP, you will commence on the General Stream to provide you with an understanding of the strategic and operational management of a local health district and its health facilities and services, completing three 4-month placements across different portfolios.
The second year of the Finance Stream will consist of one 12-month placement working across different finance portfolios as decided by the Director of Finance and Corporate Services.
Throughout the program you will:
- Develop your leadership and problem-solving skills by being involved in projects that drive change and innovation at both a district and hospital level.
- Work alongside and learn from industry leaders in NSW Health regarding the strategic, operational and financial management of a health service, including:
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial Performance and Budgeting
- Clinical Costing and Casemix
- Healthcare Funding Models
- Complete the Certified Practising Accounting (CPA) Program and industry related finance development opportunities through the Health Financial Management Association (HFMA)