What is Munch & Move?
Munch & Move is an NSW Ministry of Health initiative that supports early childhood services to encourage healthy eating and physical activity using a range of fun, play-based learning experiences.
What support is available for my service?
The Munch & Move program offers participating services:
- Free, online, self-paced training modules for Early Childhood educators and directors, on healthy eating and physical activity for children 0 – 5 years. Resources to support active play and healthy eating - resource manuals, online music and movement videos, lanyards, parent fact sheets and more!
- Support to develop and implement policies and practices that promote physical activity and healthy eating for children within the service.
- Parent-focused support materials that provide simple, practical tips and ideas to engage children in active play and healthy eating.
- Menu support for service menu planners and cooks in line with the guidelines.
- Advice and support from Northern Sydney Health Promotion Early Years Program team.
How do I get my service involved?
To get started with Munch & Move, contact our team at:
Phone: (02) 8424 9421