Important information relating to COVID-19 and visting
Visitors to our hospitals and services are welcome. We will however need your help to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our staff and patients safe.
When visiting any of our hospitals or services visitors are asked to do the following:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell. Get tested and isolate
- Wear a mask while you are in hospital
- Wash your hands regularly and have hand sanitiser with you
- Keep your distance and leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- There may be occasions when staff require the number of visitors at the bedside to be limited
- Please know your loved one's wellbeing is our priority and as always consideration will be given on compassionate grounds and on a case-by-case basis including areas such as paediatrics, maternity, critical and palliative care.
Our staff will ask you a few screening questions and visitors will generally be welcome to visit patients if they:
- Do not have symptoms of COVID-19 or other acute respiratory infection
- Are not high risk contacts of someone who has COVID-19 in the previous seven (7) days
- Have not arrived from overseas in the past seven (7) days.
No smoking – anywhere, anytime
Our hospital and grounds are smoke-free.
You just don't smoke around hospitals:
- Individuals observed to be smoking while on hospital grounds may be fined.
- Patients who smoke can receive free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) support during their stay in hospital.
For help to quit smoking call the Quitline 13 7848 or visit