1. Are you eligible?
Firstly, you will need to complete the screening form below to determine whether you are eligible to participate. You will also be asked questions about your smoking history, and your physical and psychological wellbeing. If you are eligible, a member of the team will contact you to explain the program in more detail, answer any questions, and confirm if you are eligible.
2. Getting your consent
After your eligibility is confirmed we will send you an email inviting you to enrol for the program, and we will need to get your consent as part of the enrollment process. We will also need consent from your partner, so an email will also be sent to them to get their consent. If you don’t have a partner, we will consider accepting another adult “significant other’, to whom you are very close.
Participant's (your) partner
- Your partner or 'significant other' who agrees to participate
- They will have a digital photograph taken of them for the video (unless they are a smoker)
- At 3 and 6 months they will confirm your smoking status. We will contact your partner to confirm this
- If your partner agrees to do this, you will need to supply us with their email address, so we can send an email to get their consent
- This is a person you will only need to appoint if your partner is not able to confirm your smoking status, e.g. if they are not living in the same location
- At 3 and 6 months your 'proxy' will confirm your smoking status, and they will also need to agree to participate
- If your proxy agrees you will need to supply us with their email address, so we can send an email to get their consent
3. Other information you require - to participate
- Digital photos will need to be taken of you at different angles as well as a digital photo of your partner (unless they are a smoker).
- We will need one photo of your loved ones (e.g. a family photo)
- These images will be used in a personalised treatment video for your viewing only and will not be shared with any other person.
- Instructions for taking the pictures and for these images to be uploaded are provided on the website.
How to take the photographs