Visitors to our hospitals and services are welcome. We will however need your help to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our staff and patients safe.
When visiting any of our hospitals or services visitors are asked to do the following:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell. Get tested and isolate
- Wear a mask while you are in hospital
- Wash your hands regularly and have hand sanitiser with you
- Keep your distance and leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- There may be occasions when staff require the number of visitors at the bedside to be limited
- Please know your loved one's wellbeing is our priority and as always consideration will be given on compassionate grounds and on a case-by-case basis including areas such as paediatrics, maternity, critical and palliative care.
Our staff will ask you a few screening questions and visitors will generally be welcome to visit patients if they:
- Have not tested positive to another acute respiratory infection in the past seven (7) days
- Do not have symptoms of COVID-19 or other acute respiratory infection
- Are not high risk contacts of someone who has COVID-19 in the previous seven (7) days
- Have not arrived from overseas in the past seven (7) days.
General visiting hours
10.00am - 1.00pm
3.00pm - 8.00pm
Please note, all wards have a rest period between 1.00pm - 3.00pm daily. Visiting during this time is not permitted in the majority of wards.
Visiting times on some wards may vary, please confirm with the ward the visiting times. Wards can be contacted via the hospital switch 9926 7111.
If you need to visit outside of the general visiting hours, please discuss this with the nursing unit manager of the ward.
Children's ward / paediatrics
Strict visiting hours are not enforced on the children's ward / paediatrics. Parents are welcome at any time.
Mental health inpatient unit
Weekdays: 12.00 - 1.00pm and 4.00 - 8.00pm.
Weekends: 10.00am - 8.00pm
Stop the spread of COVID-19, help keep us all safe
- Stay home if you're unwell
- Wash your hands regularly
- Keep your distance to 1.5 metres
- Wear a mask at all times
- Two visitors at a time (check with nursing staff on current restrictions)
Be kind. Stay safe.