We routinely measure height and weight in all children as part of a child’s health assessment.
Family care centres
Family Care Centres are non-inpatient facilities staffed by specialised nurses and counsellors, providing additional support and care to families. The specialised nurses can assist you in addressing concerns such as: family issues that arise from Perinatal Anxiety and Depression, sleeping issues and parent child relationships.
These are community based day clinics where families can attend via a booked appointment for a short stay session (less than three hours), day stay session (over three hours) and/or a counselling session.
To access your family care centre you will require a referral from your child and family health nurse or other health professionals, your GP for example.
Across the Northern Sydney Local Health District Family Care Centres are located in your local area:
- Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Family Care Centre - Building 14, Hornsby Hospital 3-7 Derby Road, Hornsby. 2077. Phone: (02) 9485 6112
- Northern Beaches Dalwood Family Care Centre - Dalwood Children's Services, 21 Dalwood Avenue, Seaforth. 2092. Phone: (02) 9951 0321
- Ryde Family Care Centre – currently operating in a child and family health centre located in the Ryde area:
Nth Shore Ryde CFH Nursing
Child and family health outreach service
Outreach service is a specialised home visiting service providing long term care and support to targeted families.
- Hornsby Ku-ring-gai family care support service - building 14, Hornsby Hospital 3-7 Derby Road, Hornsby. 2077. Phone: (02) 9485 6112
- Northern Beaches early childhood parenting support service - 21 Dalwood Avenue, Seaforth. 2092. Phone: (02) 9951 0377
- Ryde outreach service - 26 Argyle Avenue, Top Ryde. 2112. Phone: (02) 9926 5920