We routinely measure height and weight in all children as part of a child’s health assessment.
Being a parent /carer is often an exciting and rewarding time for families. Parents and carers may experience a range of feelings from happiness and excitement to stress and worry after having a baby.
Child and Family Health nurses are available to discuss your concerns via phone or if you prefer, we offer video telehealth.
Following your telehealth session the nurse may offer you a face to face appointment.
Issues parents and carers often discuss include:
- Breastfeeding and expressing breastmilk
- Sleep and settling issues
- Immunisation information
- Toddler behaviour issues
- Child and family nutrition, including starting family foods and drinking from a cup
- Parent/carer stress, anxiety and depression
- Domestic and family violence issues
- Other family or infant/child concerns
Hornsby Ku-Ring-Gai Child and Family Health
North Shore Ryde Child and Family Health
Northern Beaches Child and Family Health