We routinely measure height and weight in all children as part of a child’s health assessment.
Paediatric Physiotherapy services are based on a family centred approach where therapists work with you and other team members to develop a comprehensive service for your child.
Paediatric Physiotherapy may provide intervention for children with:
- Talipes and other positional foot concerns
- Developmental Hip Dysplasia (DHD)
- Plagiocephly (head preference and concerns with head shape)
- Delays in achieving motor developmental milestones
- Concerns with posture and body position
- Low muscle tone
- Physical limitations as a result of injury, illness or surgery
Paediatric Physiotherapists provide services which may include:
- Assessment and review
- Consultations for schools, pre-schools or childcare centres
- Home, pre-school or school programmes
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy sessions
Am I Eligible For a Service?
All clients must meet the following criteria to access the Paediatric Physiotherapy Services throughout the Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD):
- Aged between 0 - 18 years
- Eligible for Medicare
- Reside within the relevant local government areas
- Not eligible for other funding such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) or Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI)
- Clients who do not meet these eligibility criteria will be provided with information and contact details for accessing the appropriate service.
How Can I Refer My Child?
The service is free for all Medicare card holders and a doctor's (GP) referral is not required. Parents and carers can contact their local service. Please see below for contact details.