Coordinator: Elle Brown
Phone:(02) 9462 9571
Go4Fun® is a free healthy lifestyle program supporting children to become fitter, healthier and happier.
The program is fun and interactive and supports 7-13 year old children and their families to adopt a long-lasting and healthy approach to living.
The program is currently being run in NSW including across Northern Sydney Local Health District.
At present Go4Fun is only available via Go4Fun Online.
No matter where you live in Northern Sydney (or New South Wales), your family can enjoy the benefits of healthier living. Just like our other Go4Fun versions, Go4Fun Online gives you and your child tips and tricks for healthy eating and keeping fit, from the comfort of your own home.
Go4Fun Online is perfect for families that can't make it to our face-to-face program, but still want to make health changes to their lifestyle. All the information on Go4Fun Online has been created by expert health professionals.
What happens on the Go4Fun Online program?
Go4Fun Online runs over 10 weeks and includes:
- Weekly online activity sessions
- Weekly phone coaching with a health professional
- Resources and prizes
- Our online community where you can chat to other families in the program
- Email and text message support
And like our face-to-face programs, it's free!
More information & registration:
About the Program
Go4Fun is a healthy lifestyle program to improve health, fitness and self-esteem in children above their ideal weight.
The program involves:
- weekly games and activities for children.
- fun, interactive discussions to teach you easy and effective ways to improve children’s nutrition, physical activity and self-esteem.
- practical demonstrations, games and tips about healthy foods, label reading and portion sizes.
www.go4fun.com.au body mass index (BMI) calculator to find out if your child is at a healthy weight range.
How it works:
- There are 10 sessions, run once per week over one school term.
- Sessions run after school, which are facilitated by qualified dietitians, nutritionists, exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, fitness leaders, community nurses and health promotion staff.
- Each session includes theory for the parents and children together, physical activity for the children and a facilitated discussion for parents (while the children exercise).
The following elements are essential to Go4Fun:
- family involvement
- practical education in nutrition and diet
- increasing physical activity
- behaviour change.
Go4Fun is based on the MEND (Mind Exercise Nutrition Do it) program from the United Kingdom, which has been running for nine years.
Results have included:
- a reduction in waist circumference and BMI (Body Mass Index)
- an increase in fitness and self esteem
- an improvement in the number of hours spent
- physically active and in sedentary activity.
To book in for the next free Go4Fun program you can either:
- phone 1800 780 900
- register online at
- contact the Go4Fun Coordinator on 9462 9571.
Check out the Northern Sydney Go4Fun Annual reports:
Go4Fun Annual Report 2019
Contact the Go4Fun Coordinator or visit: