It's Free! How to Register
0401 715 845Email:[email protected]Groups:
Groups in Northern SydneyBookings are essential!
STEPPING ON PROGRAM
Programs may have reduced class number capacity due to the need for social distancing and adherence to COVID-19 Safe Plans.
Thank you for your support of the Stepping On program during this challenging time.
For more information on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) visit
Health professionals wishing to refer their clients/patients to Stepping On can use the Stepping On Referral Form:
Participants can use the Registration Form to register for Stepping On.
- Download the form
- Open the form using Adobe Reader, complete the details and save the file for sending.
- Fax or email to the address shown
Once received participant details will be enterred into the database. When a space in a group near you is available, you'll be contacted (NB this may take some time)
Stepping On is run by Northern Sydney Local Health District in conjunction with Royal Rehabilitation Centre Sydney.
The program provides participants with information on how to reduce their risk of falling and maximising independence at home. Local health professionals and invited guests present the program.
Program coordinators are health professionals with backgrounds in aged care, falls prevention and rehabilitation.
Who Can Join
Any one who is
- 65 years and older
- living at home (incl. those living independently in a retirement village)
- able to walk independently or with a walking stick
- fearful of falling or has fallen recently
- living in Northern Sydney Local Health District.
The program is not suitable for people with dementia or neuromuscular conditions.
- learn that falls are preventable
- step outside their home with confidence
- become more aware of falls hazards
- learn with their peers
- learn how to maximise their independence
- learn how to take control of their life
Courses run in various locations across Northern Sydney Local Health District throughout the year.
Each course runs for seven weeks, two hours per week, with a booster session two months after the last session.
Participants should plan to attend all sessions.
- Most venues chosen are accessible by public transport.
- Car parking is available at most venues.
- You can request community transport (for a small fee) at registration.
What will be covered?
- Reducing home hazards
- Moving safely in the community
- Safe footwear
- Vision and nutrition
- Medication management
- Exercises to improve your strength and balance.
Become a Facilitator
If you are interested in facilitating a Stepping On program in Northern Sydney Local Health District, then our Train the Trainer Workshop is a must.
Those attending our workshop learn about:
- The issues related to planning and implementing Stepping On programs.
- How to use the Stepping On Manual as a resource for the program.
- Key evidence-based prevention strategies to enable older people to reduce their risk of falling.
- How to resource and up-skill experts and incorporate other community resources.
- Understanding the importance of building trust with and cohesiveness amongst group participants
- How to set homework.
The workshop is suited to allied health professionals, exercise physiologists, nursing or community worker background, including CALD.
Register your interest in attending a future one by emailing: