Tumour Stream Lead
Dr Justin Vass
What are urology cancers?
Genitourinary cancers are found in the urinary system and the male reproductive system. These include kidney cancer and bladder cancers in men and woman, and in men it includes prostate, testicular and cancers of the penis.
The urology team at the NSCC manages all types and stages of urological cancers from diagnosis, treatment and supportive care, including assessment of symptoms and side effects.
Patient cases are discussed at a multi-disciplinary team meeting (MDT) to ensure the best possible treatment recommendation is made. The urology team includes surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, nurses, pathologists, nuclear medicine physicians and radiologists.
Supportive care services include nutrition, social work and psychology.
Multidisciplinary team (MDT) and clinics
- MDT occurs fortnightly on Thursday evenings
- Clinics occur on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays across Royal North Shore Hospital and the Northern Specialist Centre.
- Prostate cancer
- Kidney cancer (in men and women)
- Testicular cancer
- Bladder cancer (in men and women)
- Urothelial cancer (in men and women)
- Penile cancer
Urology cancer experts